This week marked the first #HikeOnHumpDay and #GeorgiaMom Power Hours. I’m doing things a little different from September. You can read about October’s Power Hours, here.
Fantastic Fall Hikes near Atlanta, #HikeOnHumpDay
Wednesdays, All Day
October began on Wednesday, which is Hike On Hump Day. While this isn’t necessarily a power hour, I’m including it because I frequently use #HikeOnHumpDay in my social media posts every Wednesday. For October, I’m spotlighting some fantastic fall hikes near Atlanta. Wanna see color? Visit these special places for an excellent view of our great state. This past Wednesday, I posted about Pine Mountain Recreation Area. A winding trail to the highest point in Cartersville gives way to a magnificent view overlooking Lake Allatoona. Read more…
Georgia Family Bloggers, #GeorgiaMom
Thursdays, 5 PM EST
Thursdays, in October, is home to the Georgia Family Power Hour! Tune in to #GeorgiaMom, on twitter at 5pm, for a half-hour spotlight of a favorite Georgia Family blogger and another 30 minutes of posts and tweets from other great Georgia Moms. This week I featured @SeriousKrystyn‘s blog, “Really, are you serious?”
This former teacher, now full-time graphic designer; dishes on being mom to a big family, shares her honest opinions, and offers helpful tips to make mom life easier. Here are the six shares, during the Power Hour, to showcase the variety of content on “Really, are you serious?”
- Really, Are You Serious?: I linked folks up to the main page so they can do their own digging around
- Through Your Eyes | Mommy and Me Monday: Krystyn digs down and shares the nitty gritty of mom life and how it’s sometimes hard to see the magnificence that others see in us. Mommy and Me Monday is a great series on the blog.
- Enjoying the Journey: A year of frequent family trips inspired these fabulous tips to help moms enjoy the journey as much as the destination.
- Easy to Pack Lunches for Toddlers and Preschoolers: Seriously simple and yummy looking lunches. I think I might pack one for myself.
- Everyday Choices: The path to health and fitness: Krystyn gets real about her fitness goals, the obstacles and the successes! There’s also a giveaway happening that ends on Monday, October 6, 2014.
- Keep up with Krystyn and crew on Instagram!
The rest of the Georgia Mom Power Hour:
[alpine-phototile-for-pinterest src=”board” uid=”happytrailtales” board=”power-hour-powwow-georgia-mom” imgl=”pinterest” pinit=”1″ dl=”1″ dlstyle=”medium” style=”bookshelf” row=”4″ size=”150″ num=”25″ nocredit=”1″]
That’s all for the first Power Hour PowWow! Stay tuned during October for more Family Travel, Outdoor Families, Hike On Hump Day, and Georgia Mom blogs.